eStruxture's data centers are designed with the capacity, performance and flexibility to run modern, demanding enterprise applications, and the control to rapidly scale in response to unpredictable changes in business processes.
Instead of renting space in a colocation facility owned and operated by a 3rd party, our primary location is completely owned, operated, and designed by eStruxture and boasts world class infrastructure with state-of-the-art power and cooling systems.. This ownership provides us complete control over the entire process of providing you with mission critical services, and gives us the flexibility and speed in implementing new solutions.
MTL 1 Data Center
MTL1 is located conveniently in the Montreal city center, with easy access via both public and private transportation. The facility includes more than 25,000 sqft of colocation space, and is served by multiple power substations operated by Hydro Quebec, with a total capacity of 5.5 MW. Our 2017 data center expansion project, planned for operation in 1Q2018, will double the size and power capacity of the facility.
Basic Power infrastructure
- Power density up to 30kW per cabinet
- 120v/208v/208v 3-phase power available
- Standard N+1 UPS solution
- 2N (A+B) power upon request
- Multiple generators
- On-site diesel storage providing 24 hours unrefueled operation
- Chilled Water in use throughout the facility
- Hot aisle/cold aisle containment
- Customized containment pods
- Zone monitoring to ensure environmental conditions
- Emergency refueling contracts in place.
- Pre-action fire and smoke suppression
- VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Alarms)
- Security staff on-site 24x7x365.
- Dual layered physical access control including card access
- Physical man-trap controls all entries and exits
- Monitoring with HD security cameras
- Audited yearly for SOC2 Type2 compliance
- Custom security controls available upon request
Fiber Carriers and Connectivity
eStruxture provides ISP services to managed server and colocation customers, as well as carrier and network neutral access to many local and international carriers.
- Dual physical fiber entrances into the building (North and South) with direct conduits to the facility's Meet-Me-Room
- QIX connectivity.
- AWS DirectConnect connections available
- Current telecom suppliers available within the building include:
Rogers, Cogent, Bell, Videotron, Allstream, Zayo, FibreNoire, MetroOptic, Cogeco, BluFiber, TELUS, Videotron
- Providers available via dark fibre extensions:
Level3, Tiscali, TATA, Cogent, Hybernia Atlantic, nLayer, GT-T, HE