L1/L2 Support Agent
The L1/L2 Support Agent will report to the Support Manager. His/her primary duties will be to ensure site security and respond to incoming support requests in a timely fashion. In addition, the candidate will prepare, configure and install dedicated servers, investigate and reply to outage notifications and report any issues to the Support Manager or appropriate department.
A minimum 40-hour work week is expected. Candidates will be required to work day, evening and night shifts on a rotation basis throughout the year.
Special projects may be assigned depending on qualifications or skill level.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assure facility security by monitoring customer and visitor activity when they enter and exit the site.
- Following specified policies and procedure.
- Helping identify, create and document standards and procedures
- Answering incoming phone calls via the support line.
- Investigating and responding to outage notifications.
- Responding to customer support requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Assembling, configuring and installing servers.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Troubleshooting software issues.
- Troubleshooting basic networking issues.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting supported software in a Windows or Linux environment (OS, Mail, DNS, FTP, LAMP, modules).
- Configuring and installing web hosting control panels.
- Performing daily facility walkthroughs.
- Reporting any issues to the Support Manager or Facility Manager (security, maintenance, customer service, etc.)
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English (written and spoken).
- CEGEP Diploma or Attestation in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field is required (web hosting experience a must).
- Working knowledge of web control panels (cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk).
- Prior work experience in System Administration (Linux, Windows Server) required.
- Familiar with support ticketing systems a must.
- Experience working in Cloud/Virtualization environments preferred.
- Working knowledge of DNS/rDNS theory and configuration.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Basic networking skills (CIDR, subnetting, routing).
- Ability to work individually or in a group.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion and satisfactory results of a background investigation.
On occasion, the candidate may have to work with challenging clients, work on shifts longer than the standard 8-hour shift, work on evenings or on weekends, or work at different locations.
On occasion, the candidate must be able to perform heavy lifting, up to 60lbs.