L3 System Administrator
Target Candidate: Qualified Senior or L3 System Administrator, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the same position or Advanced L2 System Administrator with at least five (5) years of experience in that position, ready to take the challenge, going to the next step.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Systems, Products and Sales Engineering, the L3 System Administrator will ensure the last line of support and escalations, for unresolved or more complex issues, for our Enterprise solutions customers (ex: Web clusters, Cloud solutions or any other kind of complex solutions).
The L3 System Administrator will also participate in implementing and deploying customer solutions, based on technical specifications provided by the architects.
- Investigate and respond to informational, warning or outage notifications
- Respond to escalated support requests (both internal or from customers)
- Install, configure and troubleshoot server hardware and software
- Participate in deploying and maintaining internal systems and infrastructure
- Available for on-call rotation (after business hours, weekends and holidays)
College or bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics, information systems management, information systems administration, with two years of experience with production environment or a significant amount of experience with critical information systems and infrastructure in a similar position.
The candidate needs to be fluent enough in both French and English. A positive attitude and a good presentation are required (you will have to interact with customers, generally in writing and by phone, but may also meet in person in some circumstances).
As an experienced candidate in the field, it is understood that you will sometimes be required to work off hours when required or under special circumstances (time or monetary compensation is offered).
The following are skills, experience, certifications, and awareness needed by the successful candidate
- Good experience with VMware products (vSphere 5 to 6.5, vCloud Director, vMotion, vSwitch, vCenter) is a hard requirement.
- Good experience with Microsoft Server products (Windows 2008 to 2016, Active Directory, GPO) is a hard
- Strong experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL6 to 7) is a hard
- Good experience with firewalls (such as pfSense, Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX).
- Understanding of virtualized infrastructure, networking and
- Experience with operation of multi-site infrastructure, with automated or manual failover, synchronous and asynchronous replication
- Abilities to read and understand standard technical specifications and diagrams in order to implement and configure the components accordingly
- Knowledge of common office utilities
- Good written, oral, and presentation
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience deploying SAP infrastructure is an asset
- Certification in TOGAF, COBIT, or other enterprise architecture or governance framework is an
Conditions of employment
- Salary to be determined, based on experience.
- 6 months
- 5% salary increase after
- 3 weeks of vacation for the first year
- Health insurance (50/50).
- ~95% work at the office, ~5% work outside of the
- The candidate will work mostly at our main datacenter site (800, Square Victoria) but may be required to work occasionally in our other locations.